The leading technology manufacturer asked us to refresh, reorganize, and migrate Internet of Things portal. Using the new RWD template system we previously delivered, our aim was to:
- Connect users to relevant content more quickly
- Highlight the breadth of solutions, services, and devices
- Provide greater context to create connections that drive action
We started with the retail section of the site, and scaled this approach to other industry sections. A lean team (myself and a content strategist) conducted:
- Page-level audit of site content, and new site content matrix
- Stakeholder interviews, comparative landscape, and audience assessment to focus in on key users
- Findings + recommendations presentation
- Site map, hero/page flows, detailed wireframes
Initial planning and sketching process
We began by describing what a user journey might involve from a retailer’s perspective, their concerns, and established a site structure that could incorporate key areas.
prioritized content, and navigation elements
Using this model and applying it to other areas of the site ensured a coherent experience, and a structure that internal teams could replicate on their own.
Site map for retail node
Detailed content planning, indicating categories, new pages, and consolidated content.
Specific annotation of which components should be used, alongside component content guidelines to ensure future content consistency.