A newly created enterprise arm of an established hardware manufacturer asked our team to create an extensive content repository that lived within the main site experience. For this resource library, we helped the client align on a purpose and goal:
- Accommodate users who know what resources they need; inspire and educate those who are open to discovery.
- Get more eyes on content and increase engagement with content to drive leads
We wanted to create a destination for useful IT-centric content, that felt up-to-date, and rich, without being spec- or support-centric. My work included:
- Taxonomy & subject matter analysis
- Comparative/competitive landscape & audience analysis
- Flow, wireframes, and clickable prototypes for both user and author experience
One of the patterns we devised ensured that the content module sat cohesively within the rest of the page content and provided light, scrollable opportunities for engagement with the brand’s POV.
High level flow
The challenge was in creating a streamlined experience that could accommodate the thematic complexity while not overwhelming the user.